The Villages beautiful Lake Sumter

Report A Problem

To report any water or waste water problems, such as low pressure, leak problems, or sewer back-up, please contact Customer Service at 352-750-0000, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. After hours please call Community Watch at 352-753-0550.

What to do if you see a leak?

If you see a leak, please report it.

If the leak runs clear and smells like chlorine, it is likely a leak in the water system.

Leaks in the water system can be:

  • At hydrants
  • At meters
  • In distribution lines from the meter to the house (repairs are the homeowner's responsibility)
  • In distribution lines from the main to the meter (repairs are the Utility's responsibility)
  • In transmission lines (repairs, in general, are the Utility's responsibility)

If a leak is cloudy and smells like sewage or storm water, it is likely a leak in the sewer system.

Leaks in the sewer system can be:

  • In pipes from the house to the main
  • In transmission lines

Get the Fact on Water Leaks and Water Conservation

Low Water Pressure Inside Your Home

Low water pressure may be the result of problems with your plumbing system or it may result from a problem in the pipeline serving your area. If you have low water pressure often, you may have debris in your pipes, water supply and other valves may not be open, or you may have leaks.

To address low pressure problems inside your home, you should call a plumber and have your system checked.

A sudden drop in water pressure may result from a water main leak or pump station malfunction. Typically, several homes in an area will be affected. If this occurs, crews will be dispatched to fix the problem.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Public Records Custodian Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from State and Local Officials regarding State or Local business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Please forward requests to:
Jennifer Farlow, District Clerk
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, Florida 32162
Phone No. (352) 751-3939
Fax No. (352) 753-6430

or click the link below to file your request electronically.

     Public Records Requests

Please Note Florida law prohibits the Board of Supervisors from communicating with residents about Deed Compliance or Architectural Review issues/cases.  Please contact the Community Standards Department directly at to report any concerns you might have.