The Recreation Department team of staff and volunteers offers many activities to meet your lifestyle needs. Our efforts are to provide the most enjoyable experience and opportunities to participate and utilize these activities and facilities. For more information, please visit our website at districtgov.org. Select the recreation department and pick a topic of interest.
- Please be courteous of others with cell phones at the pools.
- No dogs allowed on the softball fields.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- Only certified service animals allowed in the recreation centers.
- For room rental information, call 674-1800.
- AED – Automated External Defibrillators are located at all regional and village recreation centers, sports pools, softball complexes and district offices.
- Recreation Sponsored activities will be canceled/postponed for the following reasons: Outside temperature 35 degrees or below; Outside temperature heat index 104 degrees or higher; Rain, wind, lightning and/or severe conditions that compromise the safety of players or the condition of the facilities.
- Children must be 13 years of age and accompanied by an adult, at all times, to use the air gun, archery, billiards, croquet, lawn bowling and dog park facilities.
Lost and Found
Depending on where items are found, inexpensive items will be held for one month at La Hacienda, Laurel Manor or Eisenhower Regional Recreation Centers. Valuables will be turned over to the Lady Lake Police Department, Sumter County Sheriff’s Office or Marion County Sheriff’s Office within 72 hours. At the end of each month, unclaimed items will be donated to local charities. The Recreation Department is not responsible for lost items.
Please remember to dress accordingly for the activity and recreation center you are visiting.
Lifestyle Activities & Programs
Our dedicated staff is here to help you get the most out of your unique Villages lifestyle. When enjoying your choice of activities, we ask that you remember:
- Participation in recreational activities always involves some degree of risk. Participants assume full responsibility for and risk of bodily injury arising out of or in any way connected with participation or involvement in or presence at the activity or program. Be sure to fill out the required activity releases.
- A new activity release needs to be completed at the beginning of each calendar year. Additional waivers may be required depending on the type and nature of the activity.
- Prior to getting involved in your recreational program, be sure to consult a physician to ensure you are ready to participate if your interests include strenuous activity.
- Due to attendance at some of the more popular Resident Lifestyle Activities, there are times guest participation could be restricted due to space availability in order to accommodate residents enjoyment for the activity.
- Assistive listening systems are available at recreation centers throughout The Villages. To inquire on having one of these devices at your next club or group meeting, contact the recreation center manager for assistance.
- Residents may register up to four individuals for any four socials at one time on the last Thursday of each month.
- Registration for socials takes place 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday at any regional recreation center and 8:30 a.m.-noon Saturdays and Sundays at Eisenhower, La Hacienda, Lake Miona, Rohan & Everglades Regional Recreation Centers.
Sign up early, space is limited.
Cruise beautiful Lake Sumter with the Lake Sumter Line Crew
- Passenger fare $2 per person
- Boats run seven days a week, 4 p.m. to sunset in the spring and summer and 1 p.m. to sunset in the fall and winter.
- Purchase tickets at boat dock
- For information, call 751-7110
- Boats do not operate during inclement weather
Resident Lifestyle Volunteers
- The leaders or activity groups that fill a social, recreational, educational, emotional, or physical need of its members.
- Participants must be at the appropriate level of experience and knowledge to join an activity as determined by the group leader for the safety and enjoyment of participants.
- Activities will start as advertised. To meet these start times and allow ample time for the volunteers to prepare, participants are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes to one hour prior to the start of the activity. Check with the group leader for more information.
Executive Trail Payments
In person: From 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday–Friday at any Villages Regional Recreation Center. Beginning Sept. 1, Trail Fee Services also will be available 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays and Sundays at Eisenhower, La Hacienda and Lake Miona Regional Recreation Centers .
By mail: Return the signed, completed application form with your check payable to VCDD or MasterCard/Visa/Discover credit card information to: La Hacienda Recreation Center, 1200 Avenida Central, The Villages, FL 32159. Please DO NOT send cash. Nonrefundable and nontransferable. golfthevillages.com.
Located at Mulberry Grove (259-6242), Laurel Manor (751-7101), Colony Cottage (750-5282), Rohan (674-8404) and SeaBreeze (750-0237) recreation centers.
Open: 6:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
Monday-Friday; 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Cardiovascular machines, training equipment, free weights, core/sport training equipment, supplemental strength equipment.
Membership fee required. Membership is limited to Villages residents and their guests (19 years and older) only.
Membership types: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months or a year.
The Villages Parks
- Ashland Park — 1 picnic table, scenic lake view.
- Atlas Canine Park — 7 a.m.-dusk. Separate areas for small and large dogs.
- Boone Park — 1 picnic table, trash receptacle, cement bench, grill, dock, cabana.
- Brinson-Perry Dog Park — open 7-11 a.m. and 3 p.m.-dusk
- Golfview Lake — 6 picnic tables, deck
- Lake Miona Fitness Trail — 9-station outdoor fitness course
- Lake Mira Mar — 3 benches, floating dock
- Live Oaks Park — Boardwalk, walking path, picnic tables, benches
- Mulberry Dog Park — open 7 a.m.-dusk. Separate areas for small and large dogs
- Paradise Park – benches, picnic tables, walking path, exercise stations
- Schwartz Park — 4 picnic tables, picnic pavilion, lake observation platform
- Sharon Rose Weichens Preserve — 7 a.m.-dusk. Scenic walk-through, boardwalk, observation tower
- Springdale Fitness Trail — golf cart parking, 1/2 mile, nine-station course
- Springdale Walking Trail — golf car parking, 1.3 mile walking trail
- Sunset Park — Sunset observation parking, panoramic view of Lake Sumter and Lake Sumter Landing
- Veterans’ Memorial Park — call 753-1716 for information
- Wilkerson Creek — Scenic walk along Wilkerson Creek, assorted landscape features including ornamentals, various species of trees and aquatic vegetation, including a blueberry patch (seasonal).
- Wilkerson Creek Children’s Playground — Children’s park featuring child-safe playground equipment with benches and a picnic pavilion.