The Villages beautiful Lake Sumter

How Do I Start/Stop My Service?

Welcome! The Village Center Community Development District is pleased to provide you with water and sewer service for your home or business. Please read the following guidelines for establishing new service.

Residential Property Owners:  Welcome to The Villages! If you have recently purchased property, depending upon your billing cycle, you should receive your first bill 30-45 days from your closing date.
To insure that all services remain active and that you receive your bills we need you to complete an application for service.  There is no deposit required for residential customer accounts.

To further streamline the process you can sign up for automatic drafting from a checking or savings account as well.  A voided check must be attached.  

You may return the application to, via fax to 352-674-1999 or drop at any VCCDD Box at the Village postal stations.

Rental Customers: Property owners always remain responsible for costs associated with their property. Service always remains in the name of the property owner. Should an owner wish to rent their property and have the bill forwarded to their renter the owner must submit the request in writing.

Commercial Property Owners and Commercial Renters: Must complete a water application, sanitation application, backflow prevention and grease trap application and provide a non-interest bearing deposit. Upon receipt and approval service will be provided to the commercial customer. Commercial customers must also be responsible for annual back flow testing and maintenance as detailed in the guidelines.
Commercial customers may download the forms:

  • For LSSA and VCSA click here.
  • For NSCUDD click here.
  • Sanitation application click here.
  • Grease trap application (Complete and return pages 21 and 22)
    click here.
  • Back Flow /Cross Connection application:
  • NSCUDD Cross Connection Control Program New Customer Letter
    click here.
  • VCCDD Cross Connection Control Program New Customer Letter
    click here.
  • WUDD Cross Connection Control Program New Customer Letter
    click here.

If you have any questions about these guidelines, please call our Customer Service line at (352) 750-0000, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Service is only stopped for non-payment or discovery of a leak.
Photo of Leaky FaucetIf you are moving or selling your property, your account will be pro-rated based upon your moving date. New owners should check for leaks and adjust irrigation settings to avoid receiving high usage costs.

All customers are liable for any water use, even if you are no longer living at or using the property.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Public Records Custodian Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from State and Local Officials regarding State or Local business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Please forward requests to:
Jennifer Farlow, District Clerk
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, Florida 32162
Phone No. (352) 751-3939
Fax No. (352) 753-6430

or click the link below to file your request electronically.

     Public Records Requests

Please Note Florida law prohibits the Board of Supervisors from communicating with residents about Deed Compliance or Architectural Review issues/cases.  Please contact the Community Standards Department directly at to report any concerns you might have.