The District is pleased to be able to serve its residents with a supply of pure and safe water while providing dependable wastewater and storm water services.
Water supply quantities are regulated by the St. Johns Water Management District (Lake County) and Southwest Florida Water Management District (Sumter and Marion County) which have issued consumptive use permits to the four utility companies serving the residents of The Villages. Water and wastewater treatment and distribution are regulated by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
The Utilities serving the residents of The Villages are:
- Village Center Service Area (Lake County and District 1 in Sumter County) is owned by Village Center Community Development District.
Little Sumter Service Area (District 2, 3 in Sumter County and District 4 in Marion County) is owned by Village Center Community
EXCLUDES Dist. 4 Ph. IV Phillips (M232) / Soulliare (M233) / Chatham Acres (M839)
- North Sumter Utility (District 5, 6, 7, 8 and a small section of District 9 in Sumter County) is owned by North Sumter County Utility Dependent District.
- Central Sumter Utility (A majority of District 9 and all of Districts 10 and 11 in Sumter County) is owned by North Sumter County Utility Dependent District.
- South Sumter Utility (Districts 12, 13 and a portion of District 14) is owned by the Wildwood Utility Dependent District.
VCCDD Utilities Department is responsible for the operations and management of the water and wastewater treatment systems. The VCCDD Finance Department is responsible for the
billing and collection of payment for those services.
E-Billing is now available for your monthly water, sewer, trash and amenity bill! By signing up for E-Bill, we will no longer send you a monthly paper
statement. All of the information pertaining to your monthly bill will be emailed to the email address you provide. Depending on your individual billing
cycle, you may also receive a paper bill the first month. To sign up for E-Billing, please click on the link below.
If you are unable to find the information you are seeking or have specific questions, you have several options available to you. You can use the
“Billing Account Inquiry” link below and enter information regarding your property. This will enable you to review your account history, usage, payments
and billing. You also have the option of calling 352-750-0000 or submitting an inquiry or concern by clicking the link found on the front page of the
District website, www.districtgov.org.
Please review the following information before making an online payment or viewing your account balance.
As a convenience to our customers, we offer the option of an online payment service using credit/debit cards or electronic check, through a third party vendor, InvoiceCloud.
If you wish to proceed with an online credit/debit card or electronic check payment, please click the link below.
Accounts can be accessed either by Name, Address, or Account Number
Name – Enter the last name associated with the account
Address – Enter the street address (beginning numbers only)
Account Number - Enter the Complete Account Number including letter at the beginning - X000-0000-00
- You DO put the beginning letter that appears in front of the account number (it will be either a L, V, N, or C). This is used to identify the utility company.
- If you are having difficulty check your web browser security settings, sometimes these have been set at a higher level and dropping it down allows the access to occur.
- Sign In – Not required at this time
- Register – Not required at this time