When visiting your Sports Pool, take time to read the signs and become familiar with the Recreation & Parks Department Guidelines. Locate the
courtesy phone, which is located at every pool. Posted next to each phone is all the necessary information needed in case of an emergency
(center name, address, phone number and county).
AED Locations – Automated External Defibrillators are located in the equipment closets of all the Sports Pools. Becoming educated, following
the printed guidelines and knowing the locations of the phone and AED will make your visit much safer and more enjoyable. For the most up-to-date
Sports Pool Schedules, please see the Recreation & Parks Publication. To view the Recreation & Parks Publication on the District website, please
click on the Quick Link to the right.
If you are interest in starting a water exercise program, please call 352-674-1800.
Learn about the rules and guidelines for each one of our recreation, sports and family pools.
Pools and outdoor facilities close at dusk (30 minutes after sunset).
In the event of an emergency, dial 911.
Please follow all posted pool hours, rules and regulations.
Note: No pets are allowed in the pool area.
If a staff member is on site, please check in with them. Please have your Villages ID or guest ID and photo ID with you at all times.
- Please shower before entering the pools.
- No food or drink is allowed in the pool or surrounding edge.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside the pools.
- All pools have a courtesy phone.
- Appropriate swimming attire required.
All pools are heated during the cooler months. We strive for water temperatures between 81-84 degrees. Temperature will fluctuate depending on the weather.
Swim at your own risk.
Lightning / Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of lightning or inclement weather, the Recreation Department recommends patrons at pool facilities and other outdoor recreation areas find shelter and wait at least 30 minutes before resuming activities. The Recreation Department reserves the right, as issued by the National Weather Service or Public Safety Department in the event of tornadoes, hurricanes or other severe storm warnings, to close facilities for public safety. Visit www.districtgov.org
It is requested that children 36 months of age and younger wear protective swim products.
- Running, horseplay and throwing of any objects in the pool or deck area is prohibited.
- Noodles, unbreakable masks, goggles, and small plastic buckets are the only items allowed in the pool.
- Please encourage small guests to take bathroom breaks.
- Approved life vests are permitted. Infant and toddler flotation devices are allowed with adult supervision.
Neighborhood (Adult) Pools
- Pools for residents and guests who are 30 years of age and over.
- Equipment is located in the pool storage closet.
- Noodles, unbreakable masks and goggles are the only items allowed in the pool.
- Residents that bring music to the neighborhood pools, are asked to please play the music at a level that they can only hear. The use of headphones or earbuds is preferred as to not disrupt other
villagers that are there to enjoy the pool.
The Recreation Dept. strives to make the pools safe for everyone’s use and enjoyment. The neighborhood adult pools are intended for refreshing socialization and non-organized/scheduled activities. Regularly scheduled water exercise groups are encouraged to use the sports pool for this purpose. Please contact your nearest regional recreation center and we’ll get you started.