Villages Public Safety Employment Opportunities
The Villages Public Safety Department (VPSD) provides essential services in the areas of Fire Protection, Emergency Medical Services (Paramedic) and
Advanced Life Support (Ambulance Transport) to The Villages community and surrounding areas – a response area spanning over 90 square miles. In addition
to firefighting and emergency medical response, VPSD personnel also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of specialty areas including
high-angle rope rescue, vehicle machinery rescue, confined space rescue, trench collapse rescue, structural collapse rescue and hazardous materials response as a member of VPSD’s Technical Rescue Team (FL-TRT-424).
Are you interested in a career with The Villages Public Safety Department? View our current open positions below.
Candidates interested in a career as a Firefighter/Paramedic or Firefighter/EMT must complete a two-part process:
1. District Application
Our application process is online only. You may only complete an application for current open positions.
- Current Valid Florida Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Florida State Minimum Standards (F.S.S.633)
- State of FL Firefighter II Certificate
- State of Florida EMT or PM Certificate
- EVOC 16 HR Certificate - EMT & Paramedic
- CPR - EMT & Paramedic
- ACLS - Paramedic
- $43,680 Annually ($15.00/Hour)
- + Transport Stipend up to $5,824 Annually ($2/Hour)
- $56,172 Annually ($19.29/Hour)
- + Transport Stipend up to $8,736 Annually ($3/Hour)
- Single Cert Paramedic
- $51,804.48 Annually with FLSA OT ($15.57/Hour)
- + Transport Stipend up to $ 8,736 Annually ($3/Hour)
- 7-12 paid vacation shifts a year
- 72 hours of holiday leave
- 48 hours of personal leave
- 120 hours of sick leave a year
- Employer paid 401(a) retirement account, 18% + 3% match
- Employee health insurance
- Fully paid short-term and long-term disability
- Fire and EMS certifications 100%
- Paramedic school $6,000 max
- College courses up to 50% ($3,000 max annual reimbursement)
- On duty CME’s, CPR, ACLS, PALS and EVOC
2. Annual Physical Evaluation
Applicants must successfully complete the department’s Annual Physical Evaluation.
If you have any questions or would like more information on employment opportunities with The Villages Public Safety Department, you may contact VPSD by phone at 352-205-8280 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.