The Villages beautiful Lake Sumter
Quick Links

Volunteer Information

To Become a Volunteer or Start a New Club

The Recreation Department at The Villages has a variety of volunteer opportunities available for our residents to meet the growing needs of our community. Whether it is using your talents to run a recreation activity like aerobics, water exercise class, or leading a social club or hobby, we can help find the right spot for you on our team. Volunteers are also needed to help assist us at our recreation centers helping the staff or working a special event. If you would like to be involved or want more information about volunteer opportunities in our department please contact your nearest recreation center or email us.

To become a Resident Lifestyle Volunteer group, the group contact person completes the RLV packet (below) and submits the request to any Regional Recreation Center (Paradise, La Hacienda, Savannah, Mulberry Grove, Laurel Manor, Lake Miona, Colony Cottage, SeaBreeze or Eisenhower).

For more information please see the Resident Lifestyle Volunteer Guidelines or visit any Regional Recreation Center.

Resident Lifestyle Volunteer Packet

For Resident Lifestyle Volunteer Groups, please use the form below to send notices to the Recreation News.

Recreation News Announcement Form

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Public Records Custodian Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from State and Local Officials regarding State or Local business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Please forward requests to:
Jennifer Farlow, District Clerk
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, Florida 32162
Phone No. (352) 751-3939
Fax No. (352) 753-6430
Please Note Florida law prohibits the Board of Supervisors from communicating with residents about Deed Compliance or Architectural Review issues/cases.  Please contact the Community Standards Department directly at to report any concerns you might have.