The Villages beautiful Lake Sumter

Recycling, Trash Collection and Household Hazardous Waste

In an effort to maintain the aesthetic quality of our beautiful community, we are pleased to provide you with information regarding curbside recycling, trash collection and the disposal of household hazardous waste.

Sanitation services are a contractual provision of your deed covenant and are required on a year round basis provided by two independent vendors:

Waste Management for Lady Lake and Lake County and Sumter Sanitation for Marion and Sumter County.

Sanitation is charged to Village Residents year round irrespective of whether or not the home is occupied. Waste Management bills customers directly and Sumter Sanitation bills in advance as part of the combined bill sent by VCDD Utilities.

Rubbish is to be placed in dark plastic bags…… Recycling is to be placed in clear plastic bags…. Yard waste is to be bundled or placed in brown paper bags.

Items should be placed at the curb on the night before your pickup date.

Please download these helpful guides.

Lady Lake/Lake County

  • Pickup Questions Waste Management: 352-787-4416
  • Billing Questions Waste Management: 352-787-4416

Marion & Sumter County

  • Billing Questions Sumter Sanitation: 352-750-0000
  • Pickup Questions Sumter Sanitation: 352-748-0109

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Public Records Custodian Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from State and Local Officials regarding State or Local business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Please forward requests to:
Jennifer McQueary, District Clerk
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, Florida 32162
Phone No. (352) 751-3939
Fax No. (352) 753-6430
Please Note Florida law prohibits the Board of Supervisors from communicating with residents about Deed Compliance or Architectural Review issues/cases.  Please contact the Community Standards Department directly at to report any concerns you might have.